Chinese Christmas is just over and it is the perfect moment to get back in shape! Summer is not that far so if you want to work on that Bikini, you have to start now!
Of course, it is better to have your personal trainer write your training program for you but if you don’t no worries. There are a lot of great programs out there that can help you to prepare your training program and coach you all along.
Kayla BBG is a good example. Let’s see how this program works and pick the best exercises from it. I am not trying to sell you it to you but just sharing a training program that I liked. I thought I was pretty fit and thought BBG was a « girly easy program », but believe me I changed my mind after the first day!
Such as most of the gym programs, the whole length is 12 weeks. The exercises vary each week to make sure you improve and don’t get bored!
- Double Bench
- Medicine Ball
- Skipping Rope
You can obviously replace any of the above equipment as long as it has the same function.
As we saw the program uses gym material such as benches but no machine.You can easily do it at home as long as you have a little bit of gym equipment and space. You don’t need much. If going to the gym motivates you more, go for it! Whatever works for you.
You can easily do it at home as long as you have a little bit of gym equipment and space. You don’t need much. If going to the gym motivates you more, go for it! Whatever works for you.
The training session consists of a 28 minutes’ workout composed of 4 series of exercises. It doesn’t seem a lot, yes, but believe me, this is harder than It seems!
I was half dead the first time I did it. Let’s see how it works
HOW IT WORKS :
Each session (series) is focused on a group of muscles: arms and abs, legs and butt. There are two circuits composed of 4 exercises. Each serie lasts 7 minutes and is repeated twice. The idea is to repeat the exercises of one serie until the time is up!
The program features a total of 51 exercises.
PRESENTATION OF SOME EXERCISES :
Drop Push Up
- Start by standing up straight before bending both your hips and knees into squat position (see Exercise 2 – Squat)
- Lean your body forward slightly so that you are able to place your hands on the oor in front of you, ensuring that your hands are slightly wider than shoulder-width apart.
- Kick your feet backward, and as soon as your feet touch the oor behind you, lower your torso towards to oor until your arms form a 90-degree angle. Ensure that your back remains straight and that you stabilize through your abdominal muscles.
- Push through your chest and extend your arms to lift your body back into push up position
- Transfer your body weight onto your hands and jump your feet inwards and into squat position and stand up. Do not jump.
- Start by placing one bench horizontally directly in front of you and taking one large step backwards.
- Facing the bench, stand with your feet slightly further than shoulder width apart bending both your hips and knees (see Exercise 2 – Squat).
- From this position, propel your body upwards and forwards to allow you to land on the bench – where you reassume a squat position. When landing, ensure that you land through the balls of your feet rest before rolling through the at and heel and maintain ‘soft’ knees to prevent injury.
- Step or jump backwards o of the bench in a controlled manner, landing safely in squat position.
Broad Jump Burpees
- Standing with your feet slightly wider than shoulder-width apart, assume a squat position (see Exercise 2 – Squat) leaning your body forward slightly to allow you to place your hands on the oor in front of you.
- Kick your feet backwards into push up position, resting on the balls of your feet.
- Transfer your body weight onto your hands and jump your feet inwards and into squat position.
- From this position, jump both forwards and upwards from both feet, landing on both feet (broad jump). When landing, ensure that you land through the balls of your feet rst before rolling through the at and heel and maintain ‘soft’ knees to prevent injury.
And because all the efforts of the world won’t bring results if you don’t have a healthy diet, make sure to stay away from too much fat and sugar! I know, easier to say than to do, but it is worth it!
Have you tried BBG? Did it work for you? Please share your experience with us!